Listen to this podcast session, and discover how being a horrible soccer player at six-years-old somehow led to a career helping professional athletes improve their mental game.
Step inside of this live presentation called “NLP for Athletes” from my October 2017 presentation at the Canadian Hypnosis Conference. You will discover tested strategies such as “anchoring sandwich,” a method to consistently establish anchors at just the right time.
You will learn some of my backstory of working with athletes, the mindsets I bring into these sessions, and a live demonstration with an audience member. I explain the importance of being familiar with your client’s area of expertise and how to use relaxation as a tool in your hypnosis practice, but not the goal of the session.
“Hypnosis is not relaxation. Hypnosis is a state of heightened suggestibility.” – Jason Linett
- Experiences and mindsets when working with athletes
- Modeling the excellence that is already inside clients
- The professional vs. the weekend warrior
- Live demonstration deconstruction and takeaways
- Unpacking the language, and the significance of being unfamiliar with the client’s area of expertise
- Relaxation as a tool of the hypnotist, not a goal of hypnosis
- Using feedback as a guide for where to go next
- The formula to illicit sub-modalities and leading appropriately
- The power of expectation and its applicability