Tracy Barrett Adams is the Founder of Cornerstone Hypnotherapy; a practice focused on medical hypnosis. She helps clients suffering from insomnia, migraines, and other painful chronic conditions. She is a certified childbirth educator and fertility consultant as well as a clinical and complementary medical hypnotherapist. She is also an instructor for the International Medical and Dental Hypnotherapy Association. Tracy is a true hypnotic worker, seeing clients and training other hypnotists online and through her practice.
Tracy joins me today to share her views on setting appropriate hypnotic expectations to help clients overcome their pain, insomnia or anxiety. She promotes the benefits of working with mentors to build up your skill set and get prepared for practicing clinical hypnotherapy. She also describes how she attracts clients and how the power of referrals between hypnotherapists has allowed her to focus on her niche.
“We have to be clear that we’re not promising a cure or an anesthetic that’s perpetual. Making sure that those client expectations are aligned with the fact that it’s a process. – Tracy Barrett Adams
- Tracy’s first encounter with medical hypnosis and how this inspired her to work with pain through hypnosis.
- How to work with pain through hypnosis, set expectations, get educated and put it all together.
- Why it is essential to work with a mentor, and the tremendous value that mentorship offers.
- How to associate with a client and use metaphors and improvisation.
- How to find and prepare for your first client.
- The benefits of referring clients between hypnotherapists to focus on a niche.
- When to use Google AdWords and how to assess whether it is working for you.
- How to break the cycle of insomnia by recognizing and resolving the core issues.
- How to set client expectations during a telephone consultation.
- Why you need to listen to the client to tap into positive resources and feelings.
- Tracey’s move into the training arena, her certification program, training events, and online training.
Connect with Tracy Barrett Adams:
Join the Work Smart Business book launch team before January 27th to grab a FREE digital copy of the book before it officially launches.
Are you ready to scale your hypnosis practice to the next level? Join us for three days of training, seminars, and presentations at the HPTI Winter Hypnosis Convention on February 25 – 27 at the Orleans Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas!
Get an all-access pass to Jason’s digital library to help you grow your hypnosis business:
Get instant access to Jason Linett’s entire hypnotherapeutic training library:
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please send us your valuable feedback!