Melissa Tiers is the Founder of The Center for Integrative Hypnosis and has a hypnosis practice in New York. She is an educator in Neuro-Linguistic Psychology and Integrative Hypnosis and a teacher for The International Association of Counselors and Therapists. Melissa was a recipient of NGH’s 2014 President’s Award for her excellence in the field. She Is also the author of several books such as Keeping the Brain and Mind: Practical Neuroscience for Coaches, Therapists and Hypnosis Practitioners and Integrative Hypnosis: A Comprehensive Course in Change.
Melissa joins me today to share her views on the value of curiosity and the framework that forms Therapeutic Memory Reconsolidation. She reveals how hypnotherapists can better serve their clients and how they can resolve the internal wars of becoming a hypnotic professional. She also shares the two elements that determine the success of any talk therapy and how dramatic shifts in the mind occur.
“Once Therapeutic Memory Reconsolidation trickles down in a significant way, from the laboratory to the clinician’s office, that is when the entire field of talk therapy will be turned on its head.” – Melissa Tiers
- How the Integrative Hypnosis book demonstrates how quickly hypnosis techniques and understanding are advancing.
- The updates that Melissa has found to influence her work better, including the framework and levels.
- How the Self-Direction Neuroplasticity Frame helps clients get out of anxiety and a craving state.
- How the Therapeutic Memory Reconsolidation neutralizes triggers.
- How memory reconsolidation affects neural networks and updates and shifts ideas, beliefs, and values.
- How Looping attacks the client’s problem from different angles to compound the desired change.
- Why hypnotherapists need to sell the change and recognize that hypnotic suggestions are more than just a series of words.
- The importance of the client’s conscious buy-in, coaching the unconscious mind and having a compassionate listener.
- The two main things that predict the success of any therapeutic intervention.
- How dramatic shifts occur and problems get solved during the Default Mode Network; when people are doing something else.
- How to use the hypnotic phenomenon to show the client that they can unlock the power of the mind.
Learn the skills, strategies, and systems to grow your hypnosis business so you can work smarter, not harder! Grab your copy of my latest book, Work Smart Business, today!
- Get WORK SMART BUSINESS on Amazon!