Kathryn Toohey is a certified hypnotherapist, a member of the Professional Hypnotherapy Practitioners Association, and a member of the Accredited Counsellors, Coaches, Psychotherapists, and Hypnotherapists. She is the Founder of Kathryn Toohey Hypnotherapy & Performance Coaching, where she works with clients on a wide range of issues – from weight management to anxiety and pain management. During the global pandemic in 2020, she transformed her business model to work remotely using programs like Zoom, Skype, and WhatsApp. Now, Kathryn’s business is almost exclusively run online as a way to help more people achieve positive results more quickly.
Kathryn joins me today to discuss refocused hypnosis. She shares her challenges with IBS and how it led to her discovery of hypnosis and becoming a hypnotist herself. We discuss how helping clients create their breakthroughs does things to us – the practitioner – along that journey. We discuss how she progressed as a hypnotherapist and improved her skills through training. She also shares how she consistently looks to level up her efforts by bringing in strategies from outside the industry and putting her own spin on things.
“ If you are saying things like ‘I am not allowed,’ then you are disempowering yourself” – Kathryn Toohey
- Kathryn’s struggles with IBS and how conversational hypnosis transformed her health
- Conducting research and the value of practical training when improving your hypnosis skills and furthering your knowledge
- The strategies Kathryn uses to bring in clients
- The importance of being authentic and deciding if you should work with people you know
- What you need to get started and launch your business
- Kathryn’s work on weight loss and what people need to get out of their own way
- Managing the parent’s expectations when working with children
- Podcast: Session #359 – Kathleen Shannon on Positive Value Changework
- John Sellars
- Podcast: The Brain Software
- High Impact
- Lori Hammond
- Mike Mandel Hypnosis Academy