Michael Goldblatt is a Medical Director at Glo Clinical Hypnosis, a clinical hypnosis practice based in North Adelaide, Australia where he helps clients live their best lives and attain their full potential by combining the art of hypnotic suggestion with the science of change. They focus on helping people overcome challenges like anxiety, stress, panic attacks, phobias, smoking recession, weight management, OCD behaviors, coping with emotional traumas, and improving academic and sports performance. Before discovering medical hypnosis, Michael obtained a medical degree in anesthetics from the Flinders University of South Australia. He is a member of the Australian Society of Psychological Medicine, a Board Member of the South Australian Society of Hypnosis, and a registered practitioner with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
Michael joins me today to share his introduction to the world of hypnosis and the transformational moment that turned him into a believer in the hypnosis profession. We discuss how he began integrating hypnosis techniques into his career as an anesthesiologist and his perspective on the differences between hypnosis and hypnotherapy. We discuss how Michael uses peri-operative hypnosis strategies to help patients permanently overcome their fears and phobias around surgeries. We discuss whether surgery patients are still open to hypnotic suggestions, even while under anesthesia, and why it’s crucial for medical professionals to carefully choose the words and language they use with a patient before and after a surgical procedure. We also discuss how medical hypnosis and positive hypnosis suggestion has allowed Michael to reduce the amount of anesthesia his patient’s typically receive and how he describes hypnosis to other medical professionals.
Get instant access to my entire hypnotherapeutic training library and discover the secrets of confident, creative, and flexible hypnosis. Visit www.hypnoticworkers.com and become a Hypnotic Worker today.
“The therapeutic alliance between the hypnotist and the client is a very important part of the outcome.” – Michael Goldblatt
- Michael’s first introduction to hypnosis and the transformational moment that turned him into a hypnosis believer
- How Michael began to integrate hypnosis into his work as an anesthesiologist
- Michael’s perspective on hypnotherapy versus hypnosis
- Understanding the Prestige Suggestion Element in medical hypnosis
- How Michael currently works with clients and anesthesia patients
- How he helps patients create lasting, permanent change through peri-operative hypnosis techniques
- Michael’s opinion on whether surgery patients are still open to suggestions while under anesthesia
- The balancing act between positive hypnosis suggestions and managing a surgery patient’s post-surgery expectations
- How Michael’s approach to medical hypnosis has helped him reduce the amount of anesthesia a patient receives for a procedure
- How Michael describes hypnosis to medical professionals
- Michael’s advice to other hypnosis professionals
- Book: The Worst Is Over: What to Say When Every Moment Counts – Verbal First Aid to Calm, Relieve Pain, Promote Healing, and Save Lives by Judith Acosta and Judith Prager Ph.D.