Public speaker, mental health coach, instructor, and writer of several award-winning books, Melissa Tiers is an entrepreneur woman wearing many hats. Founder of The Center For Integrative Hypnosis, she frequently teaches classes, hosts training videos, and coaches clients through various mental health aspects, integrative hypnosis and neuro-linguistics practices. Additionally, she is highly sought-after for her public speaking engagements and regularly speaks at several events throughout the year all over the country.
Melissa is passionate about helping others learn more about the unconscious mind. She has authored several award-winning books, including “Integrative Hypnosis: A Comprehensive Course in Change,” which has won the prestigious Pen and Quill Award by the International Medical and Dental Hypnotherapy Association. Moreover, she has written dozens of articles in the mental health, hypnosis, and neuro-linguistic psychology sectors.
Here are the show notes for this session:
Please welcome Melissa Tiers to the show!
Today Jason and Melissa discuss:
- Melissa’s entry in to hypnosis and how she has been chasing one trance after another since her childhood and how she incorporated her career in rock and roll in to hypnosis.
- How we can induce altered states without drugs and exploring consciousness in a different way.
- The difference between something being hypnotic in nature and hypnosis.
- How habituated patterns create neuro-associative clusters in the brain and how hypnosis can help your brain break habits.
- How to neutralize individual triggers.
- How to rewrite early, implicit emotional memory.
- How you’re using hypnosis vs how you should use it.
- Self-hypnosis techniques you can do anywhere, any time, and no one knows what you’re doing.
- How it’s key to teach clients to manage their emotional life and affect regulation.
- Silver Linings Playbook, “You just need some better strategies” doesn’t work if you don’t have a strategy to offer.
- Melissa’s “not so smart” business model.
- Why we hope to never see you again.
- Why it’s important to teach the client why techniques are working.
- Melissa’s books and the great work she is accomplishing in the profession.
- “This shit is all made up” and why Melissa says this.
- The meta pattern that’s underneath all other patterns, like NLP and how you can create your own pattern.
- If you’re bored with your client – they’re going to know it and how practitioners can keep themselves excited and interested.
- Defeating Bogarts with laughter and how that relates to hypnosis. The “Harry Potter Intervention”.