Anthony Galie has over 30 years of experience helping businesses and corporations motivate their teams to achieve bigger company and personal goals. As a keynote speaker, author, and trained psychotherapist, Anthony has been named as one of the top 26 “Hot Speakers” by Successful Meetings Magazine and worked with dozens of Fortune 500 companies, universities, and non-profit organizations around the world. He is highly sought-after for his compelling presentations that have helped dozens of corporations around the world. Anthony earned his Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from Rutgers and his Master’s degree in Experimental Psychology from Florida Atlantic University.
Here are the show notes for this session:
Please welcome Anthony Galie to the show!
What We Discussed Today
- How Anthony Galie came to hypnotism through his involvement with the sitcom “The Life of Riley”
- How Anthony spent time as a child hypnotizing the neighborhood kids and the problems that caused.
- When Anthony became a research assistant at Rutgers in hypnosis research and how that contributed to his extensive education in hypnotherapy.
- How he made the decision to not buy a papaya farm in favor of public speaking.
- How Anthony expanded his speaking career exponentially and how that part of his business exploded seemingly overnight.
- Why you should often strive to be rich than famous!
- How to scale up and not think small about the reach of your business and audience.
- Stuck in the mindset of “this is how it works?” We talk about how to break out of that mindset.
- How Jeff Walker blew Jason’s socks off.
- How we believe “more is better” when the converse is typically true. Streamlining the teaching process delivers more quality more quickly.
- What is “the hook” that gets you booked as a speaker.
- We discuss what the 50/50 blend is and how that translates in to presentations that teach rather than simply entertains.
- What are the shifts in thinking you need to make when going in to corporate speaking?
- The million-dollar question… “What will your listeners have after your presentation that they didn’t have before?”
- Anthony’s experience at New York Life and how he’s impacting their business model.
- What the greatest needs of the corporate market are, and how hypnotherapists can help fill this need.
- The incredible shifts in culture brought on by smartphones, red light cameras, and how rapidly shifting impacts the way people behave.
- Why do you want the “new thing” when you don’t even know what it does, or why you would need it?
- What is the Corporate Hypnotist Masterclass?
- What happened after Anthony developed a brain cyst?
- Why you shouldn’t call yourself a Hypnotist.