Bob Burns has lead an interesting life, from performing on stage as a musician to working as a magician. Today, he focuses his business on being a full-time therapist, but he also offers training sessions and workshops. Bob Burns has over 40 years of experience as a hypnotherapist.
Bob uses The Swan process frequently throughout his practice, and today, he explains what The Swan Protocol is and how it works. During this session, we talk about a wide range of topics, including how he became inspired to become a hypnotherapist, his views on using scripts versus templates, and his trainings and how they have changed and transformed over the last several years. We even talk a bit about the business side of hypnosis.
Please welcome Bob Burns to the show!
- Bob explains his journey through his professional life and what inspired him to become a hypnotherapist.
- He explains what The Swan Protocol is and how he uses it in his practice to help his clients.
- We discuss the power of tonality and the transition of tonality.
- We talk about the differences between having a permissive approach in practice versus an authoritative approach and the transitional challenges between the two.
- He explains how having a flexible structure gives him greater creativity in his process.
- He shares the advice he would give himself if he could go back to the time when he was just starting his hypnotherapist career.
- He explains why he feels it is so important to find a mentor.
- We talk about the power of the rebuttal.
- He shares insights and suggestions that he has received from his previous mentors that have helped him become successful.
Bob’s Words of Wisdom:
- Find a mentor
William Clement Stone’s book:
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please send us your valuable feedback!
Want to work with Jason? Check out:
Join the list to get even more valuable materials and resources!
Get complete access to Jason Linett’s hypnotherapy training library. More than a hundred hours of streaming, downloadable video content featuring inductions, deepeners, and strategies for change you won’t find anywhere else. Get started today for just $47. Visit www.HypnoticWorkers.com to start learning today!