Brett Cameron joins me today to share his theory of the hypnotic truth and finding your own niche, passion, and creativity. Brett explains how his wife inspired him to study hypnosis, how he builds rapport with clients, and the strategies and techniques he uses when giving his clients hypnotic homework. He shares why it is vital to provide clients with the ability to be part of their own change strategy. He also reveals how he finds clients and how he structures his multi-session programs.
Brett is a Clinical Hypnotherapist and the founder of Cameron Hypnotics. He has been helping people with hypnosis for 13 years in Coffs Harbour, Sydney, and Newcastle. He is a coach, mentor, public speaker, and author as well as the Vice President of the Australian Hypnotherapists Association. Brett has a Bachelor of Arts in Sociology from Macquarie University and a Master Practitioner of NLP.
““Stand in your truth. You have to get out of your own way to let your creativity and your natural skills shine through.” – Brett Cameron
- How Brett’s wife’s use of hypnosis in dealing with motor neuron disease inspired him to learn about hypnosis.
- The importance of establishing rapport and using NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) techniques.
- How hypnosis can help people be more receptive to healing.
- Finding your niche in hypnosis.
- Releasing the emotion from traumatic events and changing the perspective of the past.
- The spinning wheel technique.
- Attracting clients through your website and the questions you need to ask during the first conversation.
- Why you should give clients hypnotic homework.
- Structuring packages of hypnosis sessions.
- Empowerment programs and telling looping stories.
- Using your personal experiences and finding your passion.
“Spinning Wheel” Technique Transcript:
“Close your eyes and take some deep breaths. Now imagining right there in the center of that feeling, right in the center of your chest where that feeling is, I want you to imagine there is a spinning wheel, and if there isn’t one, I want you to put one there now. Imagine there is a spinning wheel right in the center of your chest, and I want you to speed it right up. Make it go really fast.
When it’s going really fast, I want you now to see that you have the ability to drag that wheel out from your chest. Now it’s going to be a few inches in front of you. Do that now. Now you’ve got this wheel spinning like crazy in front of you. In a moment, I’ll say the word flip. When I do, imagine you can flip the wheel over. Ready? One, two, three, flip.
Now I want you to give that wheel a different color, a nice calm, tranquil color, something that just works perfectly for you. Now I’d like you to see you can bring that wheel back into your chest, back into the same spot. In a moment, I’m going to say the word break. When I do, imagine you have a beautiful big handbrake and you can slow that wheel down. Ready? One, two, three, break. Just slowing it down, slowing it down, slowing it down. Before it comes to a complete stop, you can open your eyes.”
- HypnoThoughts Live
- Richard Nongard on Hypnosis Research You MUST Know About
- Hypnosis for the Management of Anticipatory Nausea and Vomiting
- David Kennedy School of Hypnosis
- Stephen Brooks British Hypnosis Research
- Skype Hypnosis: The Dave Elman Induction Modified
- The Spinning Wheel Technique transcript
Connect with Brett Cameron:
Reserve your spot now for the 2020 ICBCH & HPTI Winter HypnoConference. 3-Days in Las Vegas featuring 35+ expert hypnosis speakers sharing the EXACT tools they use to create therapeutic success: