Patty Castellanos is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Certified Hypnotherapist, and HypnoBirthing Educator. She is the Founder of The Expression Center, a private practice dedicated to supporting women through motherhood, as well as a conference presenter where she gives presentations on birth trauma, diversity, ADHD, parenting, wellness, and behavioral skills. Patty has a Master’s degree in Mental Health Counseling from Nova Southeastern University, a Certification in Clinical Hypnosis through the International Association for Counselors and Therapists, and a Certification as a HypnoBirthing Childbirth Educator through HypnoBirthing International.
Want more like this? Discover how to help more people and run a thriving hypnosis business at https://HypnoticBusinessSystems.com/
Patty joins me today to discuss birthing breakthroughs and how a personal frustration led to her discovery of hypnosis and recognizing its power to make change happen faster and more reliably. Patty shares personal insights from the HypnoBirthing world, which has become a motivator in her work. She shares how she has transitioned from working in an office to serving clients online worldwide. She reveals how she has changed the dialogue of her business to get away from the royal ‘we.’ Patty also shares how she engages in active listening and conversation after the sessions are over to prescribe the self-hypnosis tools, audio, and resources her clients will need.
“ When you truly effect change in your clients, it’s because you build that relationship. If you are you, you can further impact that relationship in a positive way.” – Patty Castellanos
- How Patty’s experience with HypnoBirthing created a career-shifting moment
- Moving away from the traditional medical labeling approach, transitioning patients into clients, and using hypnosis to make lasting change
- Why Patty chose a career in mental health and how hypnosis allows her to access more people and create massive changes in their lives in just a few sessions
- Building a reputation to generate referrals and build pre-session rapport
- Creating a website that allows clients to get to know you before you sit down for a session
- Leveraging active listening and conversational hypnosis in virtual sessions
- Debriefing after the session and using the client’s takeaways to develop their unique and individualized tools and techniques
- How Patty tripled the size of her business by creating a more specific website message and attracting more ready-to-change clients