In this week’s episode, I had the pleasure of speaking with Joann Abrahamsen, a seasoned hypnotist passionate about hypnosis. Joann shared her fascinating journey into the world of hypnosis, starting from a young age when she hypnotized her mother. From there, she delved into studying hypnosis, learning from renowned psychologists, and honing her skills through practice and experience. Joann’s enthusiasm for hypnosis is infectious, and she has dedicated herself to helping others discover the power of their subconscious minds.
Joann Abrahamsen is a highly experienced hypnotist who has practiced for many years. Her journey into hypnosis began at the age of 12 when she purchased a book on hypnotism from a comic book advertisement. Intrigued by the possibilities, Joann successfully hypnotized her mother and became fascinated with the power of the mind. She continued to study hypnosis, learning from psychologists, and attending workshops and conferences. Joann’s expertise in hypnosis led her to become the association’s executive director of Advance Ethical Hypnosis and publish two books on the subject. Her passion for hypnosis and dedication to helping others make her a respected figure in the field.
“”I envy the new ones because they have such an amazing world to learn in front of them.” – Joanne Abrahamsen
This Week on Work Smart Hypnosis:
- How did Joann first become interested in hypnosis?
- Joann’s first experience with hypnotizing someone.
- How Joann learned more about hypnosis and develop their skills.
- Joann’s unique induction technique and how does it work?
- Using feedback and testing to determine if a client is in hypnosis.
- The process for teaching self-hypnosis.
- “The Key to Hypnotism” by Robert G. Ellsworth
- “Self-Hypnosis, Easy as 1-2-3: Three Minutes to Change Your Life” by Joann Abrahamsen
- “A Potpourri of Hypnotic Techniques: Adding the Wow Factor to Your Practice” by Joann Abrahamsen
- “Weighing in on Hypnosis: Change Your Habits for Permanent Weight Loss” by Joann Abrahamsen [Soon to be Released]
- “Guide to the Subconscious Mind“